Health and Safety
- Our mission is to have every employee and department educated on the OSHA standards.
- Communication with the injured employee and supervisors
- Develop and Implement a Back to Work Program
- Investigate accidents
- Communication with Tribal First, HMA and Brown & Brown Ins.
- Periodic safety and health inspections.
- First Aid/CPR
- Continue Safety Committe Meetings
- Having Safety Meeting in every Department
Thoughts for the day:
- Before you do it, take time to think through it
- Be safe and safety is #1
Location Specific Health and Safety Information:
- Immediately report all injuries, accidents, incidents, near misses, and hazardous conditions to your supervisor. Supervisor should then notify the department of Health and Safety.
- You may not be discriminated against or disciplined for reporting potentially hazardous conditions.
- You may contact the department of Health and Safety for assistance in filling out workers compensation claims. Contact Dean Henry at 360-716-4439.
- 4 most dangerous places are:
- Your car
- Your home
- The public
- Your work
- Every 19 seconds a worker is injured at work.
- 17 people die everyday on the job.
- 100 people die everyday from work related illness or disease contracted from their job.
Safety videos can be rented from www.videos.lni.wa.gov; you must have submitted a rental request prior to borrowing Safety Videos. Videos are free of charge; borrower must pay return shipping via UPS or other carrier. Prices vary depending on how many videos are to be returned. For more information, feel free to contact the department of Health and Safety, Dean Henry at 360-716-4439, or Summer White at 360-716-4441.