Tulalip Tribal Bar Exam
Chapter 2.05; TRIBAL COURT
2.05.080 Tulalip Tribal Bar - Attorneys and Tribal spokespersons.
(1) Jurisdiction. Any attorney or Tribal spokesperson admitted, or permitted by rule, to practice law in the Tulalip Tribal Court, and any attorney or spokesperson specially admitted by this Court for a particular case, is subject to the rules of this chapter. Jurisdiction exists regardless of the attorney's or spokesperson's residency. Attorneys and spokespersons are considered counsel.
(2) Tulalip Tribal Court Bar. Any person practicing as counsel in Tulalip Tribal Court must be a member in good standing of the Tulalip Tribal Court Bar. In order to qualify as a member in good standing, all applicants must:
(a) Schedule and pass the Tulalip Tribal Bar Exam;
(b) Sign and take the Spokesperson's Oath of Admission;
(c) Pay the Bar application fee and annual admission fee as may be established; unless such fee is waived by the Tulalip Tribal Court; and
(d) Certify they are a member in good standing in any other jurisdiction in which the applicant is licensed
TULALIP TRIBAL BAR EXAM PROCESS
• Fill out the Bar Exam Application and return (with fee, if applicable) to Tulalip Tribal Court, Attn: Court Clerk, 6103 31st AVE NE, Tulalip, WA 98271. Addition: There is a $100.00 renewal fee every two years.
• Schedule your exam by contacting the Tulalip Tribal Court Clerk's Office at 360-716-4773. Speak with any of the clerks to schedule your exam time. Bar exams are held Fridays only, from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM, or from 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM.
• Tribal Code study materials are accessible Code Publishing Online. You may also access the Court Rules from the "Links" box. The Tulalip Rules of Professional Responsibility for Non-Attorney Spokespersons and additional Jurisdiction Indian Law study materials may be accessed by downloading Bar Exam Application.
• The Tribal Bar Exam consists of 28 multiple choice questions. It is open book, or you may use a laptop to access the study materials. The Tribal Court has Wi Fi access. You are allowed two hours to complete your exam.
• Upon passing the Tulalip Tribal Court Bar Exam, request from the Tulalip Tribal Court Clerk's Office a Petition for Admission to The Tulalip Tribal Court Bar and Advocate's Oath. Fill out the Bar Exam Application and return (with fee, if applicable) to Tulalip Tribal Court, Attn: Court Clerk, 6103 31st AVE NE, Tulalip, WA 98271. Addition: There is a $100.00 renewal fee every two years.
Download the Bar Exam Application for more information.
Download the Petition for Admission to The Tulalip Tribal Court Bar and Advocate's Oath for more information.
Download the Jurisdiction Indian Law Study Material.