Enrollment Department


All forms are located outside of our office for member’s convenience.

Services Provided:

  • Enrollment
  • Tribal ID
  • Copies of Birth Certificates, SS Cards, Marriage Certificates, other documents in your file.
  • Family Tree
  • Notary - Free
  • Enrollment Verification
  • Spousal ID
  • Tax Exempt Forms

Tribal ID Card Fee Change: As of January 1, 2015 you can only receive one free tribal ID card in a calendar year January through December. After the one free ID card, they will cost $5.00. Please pay for tribal ID cards and spousal ID’s on the first floor at the cashier window.

Spousal ID Card Fee Change: As of January 1, 2015, the spousal ID card fee will be $40 for a new ID card and $20 for renewal. First time spousal cards require marriage certificate, spousal form with tribal member’s signature and ID. For spousal renewals asigned spousal form and ID is required. Spousal Cards will only be made on Thursdays.

Name Changes: For any name change for adults or minors, you need to change it with the Social Security office first. Otherwise our information does not match the IRS and the tribe will be fined at the end of the year (which is why this was implemented). Fill out an enrollment change form and include a copy of the Social Security Card reflecting the name change.

Address Changes:

  • Address changes must be in by the 18th of each month to ensure everything is updated by the 1st of the following month for per capita payments. All address changes must be in writing. They can be done in person, faxed to 360-716-0209 (be sure to sign the document) or emailed. If emailing, send to enrollment@tulaliptribes-nsn.gov. You must include the last four digits of your Social Security Number, your date of birth, and Tribal ID Number. For minors, you must include the previous address. Once we receive an emailed address change, we will respond by email so you know it was received.
  • 1099-MISC and Direct Deposit: For tribal members who utilize direct deposit for per capita payments, it's important to keep your address up to date in order to receive the 1099-MISC tax form. Please make sure to update your address ASAP or at beginning of January before they're printed. If you need a reprint once they're mailed, Finance will only reprint once a week.

FAQ Requirements and Process

  • Criteria for enrollment – MUST MEET ALL THREE

    • Must be born to a Tulalip Tribal Member, so at the time of the applicant's birth the parent had to have been enrolled with Tulalip.
    • The Tribal member parent had to resided on the Tulalip Reservation for at least 12 continuous months at anytime prior to the birth of the applicant and be able to prove it. Having proof is hard to do some times, so if you are living on the reservation please save any documents that contain your name, address, and a date. It could help with the enrollment of your children.
    • Unless adopted by non-tribal parents, they must apply before they are 25 years of age.

    * Please contact the office to get an application*

    • Complete application with all three notarized signatures, unless a parent is not named on birth certificate.
    • Original Certified Birth Certificate from Vital Statistics.
    • Copy of the Social Security Card.
    • Residency documents of Tulalip parent, to prove at least one year of residency, prior to applicant’s birth.
    • Marriage Certificate, Divorce Decree, Legal Name Change Documents – if applicable.
    • DNA - all Tulalip member parents - Any Tulalip mother and or father on the enrollment Application must do DNA. Contact CDACD for an appointment for testing 360-716-4153 or Centraldrugtestingcolorline@Tulaliptribes-nsn.gov

    ****Supporting documents are not limited to this list, the committee could request other documents if they deem it necessary.

    • The application will be prepared and forwarded the enrollment committee, prior to regular BOD meeting which is the first Saturday of every month.
    • If the application passes the committee it will be forward to the Board of Directors at the next regular Board meeting. If it is not passes and more information is need it will be sent back to staff and they will contact you.
    • The Board will vote on the application and if they approve the application then you are officially an enrolled Tulalip Tribal Member. You will be notified by phone and receive an official welcome letter.
    • Residency can be proven by getting a letter from Tulalip housing.
    • Bills, Letters, Statements, Pay Check Stubs, Leases ect. with your name, address, and date. A current document and then one dated back at least a year.
    • Residency Affidavits – statements that people make regarding your residency. Minimum requirement - 1 from family member and 2 from non or distant family members. We have forms available in the office and they must be notarized. The residency affidavits must have other accompanying residency documents.

    **** The committee can always ask for more documents regarding residency, these are only suggestions on how to prove your residency.

  • All address changes must be done in writing. They can be filled out on our form or just write a letter with the new address but make sure to sign and date it. Only the legal guardian can change the address of a minor. They can be done in person, faxed, mailed or e-mailed.

    If changing the address by email, you must include your name, date of birth, roll number and last 4 digits of your Social Security number. If for your children, we will need the child's date of birth, previous address and parent or guardian's last 4 digits of their Social Security number. You can email to enrollment@tulaliptribes-nsn.gov and we will reply once your address is changed.

  • Tribal ID's are available M-F 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM – Closed for lunch 12:00-1:00. The first ID for the year is free and after that they cost $5.00 each. Only the legal guardian can pick up an ID for a minor.

  • There is a form that can be filled out and turned into our office.

  • Spousal ID's are available on THURSDAY ONLY. There is a form that needs to filled out by the spouse and tribal member. The first one is $40 and it is good for one year from the issued date, to renew the ID the form must be filled out again and it is $20. The cards are only good for membership to the YMCA, tax exemption on the Tulalip reservation, free garbage disposal at Shelco and Tulalip employment hiring preference # 2.

  • In order to change the C/O on a minors check and profile, you will need to have a court document stating who has custody. If you are in the middle of the court proceedings, you can bring in the petition and the check will be held until the court determines who has custody.

Enrollment Team

Tulalip whale
Tulalip whale

Contact Us

Main Number: 360-716-4300
Fax Number: 360-716-0209

Please submit your comments, suggestions or questions to Enrollment by filling in the form below:

All items with '*' = required
Please complete the captcha in order to proceed.


6406 Marine Dr
Tulalip, WA 98271
(Driving Directions)