TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
Mission: Guided by a cultural focus on values, accountability and education we strive to inspire and serve individuals and families by delivering self-sufficiency tools to our clients.
- Cash assistance for qualifying families and child-only grants for children placed in a relative’s home or other placements
- Supportive services for qualifying families, such as rent, car repair, food/hygiene/gas vouchers, and clothing
- Transitional services for clients going into the workforce
- Diversion services for those clients that are in need of help to not become a TANF client
TANF Eligibility Requirements:
The Tulalip TANF program will serve all Indian member families living within the borders of the Tulalip Tribes’ Reservation (in zip code 98271).
- An "Indian member family" in which any member of the assistance unit is enrolled in a federally recognized Indian Tribe (hereafter to include Native Alaskan Tribes).
The Tulalip TANF Program will serve all Tulalip Tribal Member families living in the area of northern Snohomish County, in the following zip codes: 98271, 98270, 98252, 98258, 98259, 98206, 98201, 98287, 98292, 98223, 98205, 98207, 98203, 98291, 98204, 98208, 98290, 98296, and 98272.
- A "Tribal member family" is one in which at least one member of the assistance unit is an enrolled member of the Tulalip Tribes.
Eligible family's income must fall below the 200% federal poverty guideline.
TANF assistance unit includes:
- Parents of dependent children 17 years or younger or age 18 and a full-time student in secondary school
- Parent of an unborn child who has reached the third trimester or a medically verified high risk pregnancy
- Minor head of household parent must live with a parent or legal guardian
- Caretaker relative, where a child has been placed in their home and are legally responsible
477 Program Eligibility Requirements:
- Complete the full intake application forms
- Attach proof of custody for children listed on application, including copies of court documents, birth certificates, photo identification, social security cards
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age
- Applicant must be an enrolled member of a federally recognized tribe
- Client must live within the boundaries of the Tulalip Tribes Reservation if not enrolled in the Tulalip Tribes