6406 Marine Dr
Tulalip, WA 98271
(Driving Directions)

Phone: 360-716-4000


Requirements and Process

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. What is the requirement for Enrollment with Tulalip?
    Criteria for enrollment – MUST MEET ALL THREE
    1. Must be born to a Tulalip Tribal Member - so at the time of the applicant's birth the parent had to have been enrolled with Tulalip.
    2. The Tribal member parent had to resided on the Tulalip Reservation for at least 12 continuous months at anytime prior to the birth of the applicant and be able to prove it. Having proof is hard to do some times, so if you are living on the reservation please save any documents that contain your name, address, and a date, it could help with the enrollment of your children.
    3. Unless adopted by non-tribal parents, they must apply before they are 25 years of age.
    * Please contact the office to get an application*
  2. What other documents do I need to turn in for enrollment?
    • Complete application with all the appropriate signatures.
    • Original Certified Birth Certificate from Vital Statistics. We will return original.
    • Copy of the Social Security Card.
    • Residency Documents to prove at least one year of residency.
    • Marriage Certificate, Divorce Decree, Legal Name Change Documents – if applicable.
    • DNA – If the father is the only Tulalip Tribal member. Free service at beda?chelh.
    ****Supporting documents are not limited to this list, the committee could request other documents if they deem it necessary.
  3. How does the enrollment process work?
    • First the application must file out application and provide all of the supporting documents.
    • The application will be prepared and forwarded the enrollment committee, they meet twice month on the first and third Wednesday of each month.
    • If the application passes the committee it will be forward to the Board of Directors at the next regular Board meeting. If it is not passes and more information is need it will be sent back to staff and they will contact you.
    • The Board will vote on the application and if they approve the application then you are officially an enrolled Tulalip Tribal Member.
  4. How can I prove residency?
    • Residency can be proven by getting a letter from Tulalip housing.
    • Bills, Letters, Statements, Pay Check Stubs, Leases ect. with your name, address, & date. A current document and then one dated back at least a year.
    • Residency Affidavits –statements that people make regarding your residency. Minimum requirement - 1 from family member and 2 from non or distant family members. We have forms available in the office and they must be notarized.
    **** The committee can always ask for more documents regarding residency, these are only suggestions on how to prove your residency.
  5. How do I change my address for the Tribal Mailings/See-Yaht-Sub and/or Per Capita? All address changes must be done in writing. They can be filled out on our form or just write a letter with the new address but make sure to sign and date it. Only the legal guardian can change the address of a minor. They can be done in person, faxed, mailed or e-mailed. If changing the address by email, you must include your name, date of birth, roll number and last 4 digits of your Social Security number. If for your children, we will need the child's date of birth, previous address and parent or guardian's last 4 digits of their Social Security number. You can email to and we will reply once your address is changed.
  6. How do I get a new ID? Tribal ID's are available M-F 8:00AM-4:30PM – Closed for lunch 12:00-1:00. The first two ID's for year are free and after that they cost $5.00 each. Only the legal guardian can pick up an ID for a minor.
  7. How do I get a family tree? There is a form that can be filled out and turned into our office.
  8. How do I get a Spousal ID? Spousal ID's are available on THURSDAY ONLY. There is a form that needs to filled out by the spouse and tribal member. The first one is $20 and it is good for one year from the issued date, to renew the ID the form must be filled out again and it is $10. The cards are only good for membership to the YMCA.
  9. How do I change the care of (C/O) on a minors check? In order to change the C/O on a minors check, you will need to have a court document stating how has custody. If you are in the middle of the court proceedings, you can bring in the petition and the check will be held until the court determines how has custody.